The Stone County Developmentally Disability (SCDDB) continues to work with the newly hired part-time executive director, LaDella Thomas, to further the progress of the board. Among the tasks that the board has charged to Director Thomas are:
- Serve as liaison with the Department of Mental Health to maximize funding possibilities through the waiver programs.
- Review all current Board policies, procedures, forms, budget, and bylaws
- Develop agenda for each Board meeting and email agenda to Board members and website host
- Provide monthly summary updates at each Board meeting
- Develop working relationships with area non for profit services providers and Link-ability Service Coordinators regarding what services the SCDDB can support and what services are needed
- Develop policies and procedures for employees (personnel manual)
- Work with the Vice Chair in establishing the Project Lifesaver program in Stone County
- Work with the SCDDB committees
- Obtain quarterly updates from all funded agencies regarding utilization and demographic data
- Explore options for community partners to utilize current office space
- Assist Finance committee and SCDDB with preparing annual budget
- Develop process and time frame for obtaining agency funding applications for 2019.
- Research the feasibility of the SCDDB providing services
- What services are most needed?
- What service gaps are the most prevalent?
The current officers of the board are:
Mindy Smolnik – Chair
Sue Tanner – Vice Chair
Ruby Gideon – Secretary
Sean Gasper – Treasurer
The current SCDDB committees are:
Sue Tanner- Chair
Sean Gasper – Chair
Anne Coleman – Chair
Tina Essick – Chair
The board meets on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the board’s office located at 15765 State Highway 13, Suite 7, Branson West, MO in the lower level of the Brooks Center.
Notices of the public meetings may be found on the board’s website: www.stoneddboard.com
Thanks, as always, to the voters of Stone County who authorized the formation of the board for the purpose of providing funding to assist those with developmental disabilities such as autism, cerebral palsy, and downs syndrome. The board is committed to working on the behalf of Stone County by upholding the board’s mission which states: “Providing resources for Stone County individuals with developmental disabilities to thrive, connect with others, and achieve their goals.”