In 2016, Stone County voters overwhelmingly decided to pass a tax levy so that their County could receive vital services to support individuals and their (families) who had a diagnosed developmental disability.
Six and a half years later, the Stone County Developmental Disability Board (SCDDB) serves 170 individuals, operates a Day Program and Residential Program, and funds local non-profits to provide additional services.
Thank you, Stone County! Because of YOU we will be able to provide services and supports to people with developmental and intellectual disabilities for generations to come!
Below is our Progress Report for Stone County:
Sunshine Law Request for Information template available here.
Who/What is SCDDB?
- SB40 board empowered to collect property tax to provide services and supports to people with diagnosed Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
- Governed by a 9-person board, appointed by the Stone County Commission
- Funded through property tax: 10 cents per $100 assessed value (approx. $25-35 per property owner, per year)
- Tax dollars can only be used for Stone County residents
- Operate two Medicaid-funded programs—Day Services and Residential Services—which can serve people from any county
- All people deserve the opportunity for community involvement, where they are valued and respected.
- Open communication is a key to effectiveness and community trust.
- All people are valued and respected as unique individuals.
- Each individual’s success is a worthy investment.
- We are accountable and transparent to the community and those we serve.