A New Kind of Program, JUST FOR YOU!
Every person possesses a unique potential; a potential to create, grow, learn, and adapt. We focus on empowering each person served, and to enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful lifestyle. Our program provides opportunities in self-advancement and community integration.
- We offer a personalized schedule designed to fit the needs and interests of each person.
- We guide and provide support for people in gaining the skills needed to find employment, improve health and wellness, and learn essential social skills.
- We provide each person with the opportunity to become self-reliant and a contributing member of their community.
- We help to enhance social and communication skills among peers and community members and encourage individual choices and active self-advocacy that leads to a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- We encourage full and healthy lifestyles and want everyone to have the opportunity to experience the life they choose–their “Best Life”!
The Stone County Developmental Disability Board is a licensed Medicaid provider, authorized to provide the following services through our ACES! program:
Individual Skills Development
Developing more complex skills through hands-on teaching how to:
• Cook, do laundry, grocery shop, budget, pay bills, use public transportation, etc.
Assistance and teaching through participation in community activities like:
• Social events, clubs, recreational activities, volunteering, job exploration
Assisting with tasks that can’t be accomplished independently like:
• Bathing, personal care, transfers, ambulation, grooming
Community-based program to assist with skills acquisition and development through learning:
• Etiquette, how to check out a book at the library, how to mail a letter, how to use money, etc.
Contact us for more info:
*Certain qualifications may apply to receive services. Click here to see if you qualify.