Individual funding is available to qualified county residents whose needs are not met through other government agencies. Individuals can request up to $2,000 per year for specific service and items that will work to improve their daily lives.
Below is a list of items that have been funded in the past (*this is not a guarantee that funding will be awarded to any individual. The board reviews applications on a one-by-one basis using set criteria):
- Adaptive equipment (orthotic shoe inserts, communication devices, etc.)
- Home modifications (ramps, widening of doorways, etc.)
- Physical activities to improve behavior and/or physical health (tae kwon do lessons from a licensed instructor, dance classes, etc.)
- Medical equipment not covered by Medicaid
- Travel expenses to and from topical conferences
If you would like to apply for individual funding, contact your LinkAbility service coordinator at 417-334-8985 for an application.
LinkAbility staff must sign off on any funding applications we review. If you have additional questions, please contact our office at 417-272-0444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is denied for any reason, you are welcome to file an appeal. Contact LaDella Thomas at 417-449-5160 or Lthomas@stoneddboard.com.